Tuesday, November 16, 2010

SUCCESS! WINNER! Confetti has sprinkled down among the keyboard!

I reached the most gratifying moment of 2010 here at 11:47 tonight! I was working so diligently on my nanowrimo novel and I reached my ultimate goal of 50,000 words in just 15 days! I worked hard today and wrote just about 15k today alone just to see if I could pull it off.

My hard work paid off, I found a great storyline coming together and just have to fill in a couple large gaping plotholes and will be up and ready for a first draft next month. Now that's a scary thought. Editing is the most daunting task I think, and reading what I actually wrote will be most entertaining. What the hell was I thinking, and that totally doesn't make sense, and why did I just jump three months ahead and then fall into a flashback? So the joys of editing will be among me.... BUT FIRST, I will finish what I started. I will keep going and see if I can get about 80k. Depending on how I can wrap up the holes and filter out any last plot bunnies that are hopping around. So in the least, I can share this with you:

That today I am an overachiever:

No comments:

Post a Comment